The Wessex Gospel Partnership counts it a privilege and serious responsibility to hold your personal information. We are committed to ensuring your privacy is respected, and that we comply with both the letter and spirit of all applicable laws, as is our Christian duty. We will do all we can to protect your privacy and to ensure that any personal information you share with us is stored securely and is only used in a manner that you have consented to or would expect. We will never sell information about you.
This notice tells you what information we collect, how we use and share the information, what your rights are, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in a data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) and related regulations.
2. Who are we?
The administrator controller for the WGP, along with the steering group. This means they will decide how your data is processed, and for what purposes. For administration purposes, the office staff of Christ Church Westbourne (who provide admin support to the partnership) will also have access to, and process your data. Your data will never be passed to any third party.
3. What data do we hold and how do we use it?
If you attend a Ministry Training Course, we hold data (from your application form) throughout the duration of this course, to enable us to be in touch, collect fees, correctly assign you to a small group etc. This data will be deleted securely upon completion of the course.
We will also add MTC members to our general mailing list for more general Wessex Gospel Partnership news. We will not remove you from this at the end of the year, though you can unsubscribe at any time from the link contained in each email.
We hold data for churches that are members of the Wessex Gospel Partnership, which is necessary for WGP matters. This will be deleted securely if and when a church leaves the Gospel Partnership.
We also have a mailing list. This is for those who wish to receive news of events and/or prayer requests for the Wessex Gospel Partnership. You can unsubscribe at any time by replying to the administrator.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared beyond the data controllers for the partnership, and those giving administrative support.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which WGP holds about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as the right to data portability), where applicable.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the administrator, via firstname.lastname@example.org, or Christ Church Westbourne, Alumhurst Road, Westbourne, Bournemouth, BH4 8ER.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.